Map - All Saints

World >  North America >  Antigua and Barbuda >  Saint Peter Parish >  All Saints

All Saints

All Saints is the second largest town in Antigua and Barbuda, with a population of 3,412. It is located in the middle of Antigua, at. Just 5 miles NW of here is the capital, St. John's.

Within the vicinity of the town is Betty's Hope, the first large-scale sugarcane plantation in Antigua. Betty's Hope was built in 1674 by Sir Christopher Codrington, the namesake of Codrington, and was named for his daughter, Elizabeth Codrington. The only remaining structures are two stone sugar mills and the remains of the stillhouse, though its important role in Antigua's history has inspired its government to turn it into an open-air museum.

The area around All Saints is known for its traditional pottery. Potter's Village, a nearby settlement, is named after it.

 

Map - All Saints

Latitude / Longitude : 17° 4' 0" N / 61° 47' 35" W | Time zone : UTC+-4 | Currency : XCD | Telephone : -267  

Map

Google Earth-Map-All Saints
Google Earth
OpenStreetMap-Map-All Saints
OpenStreetMap
Map-All Saints-Esri.WorldImagery
Esri.WorldImagery
Map-All Saints-Esri.WorldStreetMap
Esri.WorldStreetMap
Map-All Saints-OpenStreetMap.Mapnik
OpenStreetMap.Mapnik
Map-All Saints-OpenStreetMap.HOT
OpenStreetMap.HOT
Map-All Saints-OpenTopoMap
OpenTopoMap
Map-All Saints-CartoDB.Positron
CartoDB.Positron
Map-All Saints-CartoDB.Voyager
CartoDB.Voyager
Map-All Saints-OpenMapSurfer.Roads
OpenMapSurfer.Roads
Map-All Saints-Esri.WorldTopoMap
Esri.WorldTopoMap
Map-All Saints-Stamen.TonerLite
Stamen.TonerLite

Country - Antigua and Barbuda

Flag of Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda is a country in the West Indies in the Americas, lying between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. It consists of two major islands, Antigua and Barbuda, and a number of smaller islands (including Great Bird, Green, Guiana, Long, Maiden and York Islands and further south, the island of Redonda). The permanent population numbers about 81,800 (at the 2011 Census) and the capital and largest port and city is St. John's on Antigua. Lying near each other (the main Barbuda airport is less than 0.5° of latitude, or 30 nautical miles, north of the main Antigua airport), Antigua and Barbuda are in the middle of the Leeward Islands, part of the Lesser Antilles, roughly at 17°N of the equator.

The island of Antigua was explored by Christopher Columbus in 1493 and named for the Church of Santa María La Antigua. Antigua was colonized by Britain in 1632; Barbuda island was first colonized in 1678. Antigua and Barbuda joined the West Indies Federation in 1958. With the breakup of the federation, it became one of the West Indies Associated States in 1967. Following by self-governing on its internal affairs, independence was granted from United Kingdom on 1 November 1981.
Currency / Language  
ISO Currency Symbol Significant figures
XCD East Caribbean dollar $ 2
ISO Language
EN English language
Map  
Map-Antigua and BarbudaAntiguabarbuda.jpg
Antiguabarbuda.jpg
984x1238

Facebook

 mapnall@gmail.com